Headquartered outside of Washington, D.C., Earth Networks (EN) was founded in 1993 with the mission of creating the world’s most comprehensive collection of weather data. Today, EN helps governments and private organizations mitigate financial, operational and human risks by providing environmental intelligence from the world’s largest hyperlocal weather network.
Schools, airports, sports teams, utilities, and administrative agencies rely on EN’s early warning solutions to safeguard lives, prepare for weather events and optimize operations. Companies across many industries use EN’s weather data to automate decisions regarding risk management, business continuity, and asset protection.
Active in 100+ countries around the world, EN is committed to helping keep India’s people and assets safe from dangerous weather, particularly heavy rains, flash floods, high winds, hail, deadly lightning strikes, etc. EN has established agreements and data service projects with the disaster management agencies of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, West Bengal, Odisha, and other Indian states.
Qihou Solutions Private Limited is an authorized International Value-Added Reseller Partner of Earth Networks, operating in India. We bring products, solutions, and services from Earth Networks to India at highly affordable prices.
The GLOBE program
Earth Networks has teamed up with the Global Learning and Observations to Benefit the Environment (GLOBE) Program – An international science and education program focused on promoting STEM teaching and learning in the classroom.
GLOBE is sponsored by the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) with support from the National Science Foundation (NSF), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and Department of State.
In addition to providing localized weather information, your Earth Networks weather station can automatically send real-time weather data directly to the GLOBE Program, a worldwide community of students, teachers, scientists, and citizens working together to better understand, sustain, and improve Earth’s environment at local, regional, and global scales.
Led by NASA and started in 1994, The Globe Program’s mission is to promote the teaching and learning of science, enhance environmental literacy and stewardship, and promote scientific discovery.
Components of EN STEM with GLOBE
- Weather Station - Measure real-time conditions at your site with our state-of-the-art fully automated weather station, including precision weather sensors such as an anemometer, temperature and rain gauge.
- Real-time weather visualization with Sferic Maps - Track incoming weather as it happens with the ultimate weather mapping tool for desktop and mobile with over 80 layers of valuable real-time info such as temperature, radar, wind speed, tropical storm warnings.
- Sferic Global Data Access with Online weather center - Get access to weather observations from a network of over 10,000 weather stations on your very own online portal. Immerse and delight your students by mining and comparing local weather data from across the world.
- Professional Development Training - Join a STEM learning community during our monthly professional development webinar series that explores exciting topics and teaches you how to integrate weather into your lessons using the Earth Networks STEM solution.
- GLOBE Data Mining Integration - Mine your current and historical data using GLOBE’s Advanced Data Access Tool that allows you to find and retrieve your own school’s weather data together with GLOBE’s worldwide data archive using many different search parameters.
- GLOBE Personalized Curriculum - Engage your students with personalized curricula from GLOBE, using your school’s unique weather observations. Tap into a lesson library that keeps growing every day!
- Shipping & Installation - All systems will be carefully packed and delivered to your location and professionally installed by our own expert field technicians.
- Professional Maintenance - We guarantee your Earth Networks STEM solution will remain in perfect working order with regular professional maintenance performed by our expert team of field technicians, many of whom are also meteorologists
Products & Solutions
- Automated Weather Station
- Sferic Maps & Sferic Global Data Access
- GLOBE Visualization System & Advanced Data Access tool
- GLOBE Personalized Curriculum
All of the above are being sold to schools as an EN STEM with GLOBE Program.
|South||Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Telangana|